September 06, 2005

Tuesday

I had a good day today. The kids were well-behaved for the most part. I thought I would give you a run down of my day, so you can have an idea of what my days are like.

5:00am - time with my Lord (but it didn't happen this morning)

6:00am - washed, dressed, make coffee and tea, make breakfast for Cory, make hubby's lunch, see Adria out the door, see Cory out the door.

7:15am - vacuumed, double checked that rooms were picked up for daycare mode, got kids' breakfast set out, fed and watered the bird, got some different toys set out to grab the kids' attention when they come in.

7:40am - two sisters arrive in good moods and their mom doesn't seem quite as frazzled as usual, get them started on their breakfast, do some dishes, make oatmeal muffins

8:00am - puzzles, alphabet workbook with one, finger painting, playing with musical instruments

9:00am - another child arrives, I wonder where the fourth one is, outside we go to play in the sandbox, colour with chalk, run races, play with trucks

10:00am - inside to get the kids to go to the toilet, end up in front of the tv for 20 minutes, I get a moment on the computer

10:30am - back outside

11:30am - wondering again where the fouth child is? can't the parents phone me?

11:40am - lunch is served - turkey and cheese sandwiches on whole wheat bread, honeydew melon, carrot sticks. After lunch we make paint stamp pictures, using half an apple as the stamper.

12:40am - naptime! I eat and clean up and get on the computer

3:00pm - I wake kids up! Long sleep today! We have story time (our favourite part of the day)

3:30pm - snack time - oatmeal muffins that I made this morning - kids want seconds!

3:50pm - Adria is home finally! She is late! The bus schedule was a little chaotic apparently. They should have it worked out tomorrow.

4:00pm - outside again with all the backpacks ready for going home time!

5:10pm - last child leaves - the fourth one never did get here today! Clean up outside. Come in and talk to Adria about her first day of school. Look at the mess all around and wish I didn't have to deal with it. Get up and look at my list of things to do, and start at the top and work down. Doesn't take nearly as long as I thought. I am back in control!

6:00pm - Adria and I have peanut butter and banana wraps for supper. Cory is at a meeting where they will provide supper. It is nice not having to cook. Now I will continue on with my evening routine and start the whole thing over again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Janice said...

It is so nice to hear what your day is like. It sounds like you have alot of fun with the kids. Since I started back to work, all that work I spent on my house getting it slowing looking half way there, has gone to pot now. Thanks for starting this, so I can see what is going on with my second family.

Nikki said...

WoW you sure are BUSY!!!! Glad you had a good day though!!