September 05, 2005

Today is New Year's Eve

Tomorrow is the start of a new school year for my daughter, and it is at this time that I always seem to evaluate, plan, and implement changes in my own life. I love this time of year! New pens and notebooks, new clothes, new schedules, and a new energy or zest for all my goals!

This morning, my husband and I went through all our home files and sorted and purged and got everything organized. It feels really good to have all those papers relegated to the place where they belong instead of hiding out all over the house!

Then we got a call from a lady at church asking if our sister-in-law needs a crib for her new baby, and wouldn't you know it, I have been praying about finding a crib for them. They have a bassinette and a playpen, but haven't been able to afford a crib yet. Then this precious woman phones with a crib to give away. So we went to get it and dropped it off at our sister-in-law's house, and they were very pleased and grateful! Isn't God faithful to provide?!

Right at this moment, my husband is preparing some ribs with a spice rub. They will sit with the rub on them until Wednesday evening, when we will barbeque them. Oh they are so good! We would eat them tomorrow, but he has a meeting for work and won't be home until well past the supper hour.

Our daughter just went to bed. She is so excited about school starting tomorrow! She goes to a french immersion school. Most of their subjects are taught in french, probably about 80% of their day is french. She just started there last year, and she is just thriving on the challenge! You can only start french immersion in kindergarten, grade one, or grade seven. I am really pleased that so chose to go. She started in grade seven, and will continue through high school. With Canada having two official languages, it is quite important to know french in the workplace.

I am looking forward to a new week with my daycare kids. This week, things should be a little bit back to normal, after the last two weeks where I had some changes and upheavals. Can't wait to get messy with the finger paints in the morning! And I can't wait to hear about my daughter's day when she comes through the door after school. She has a long day. The bus leaves at 7:30am. School starts at 8:10am (which is about an hour earlier than most Ontario schools) and she gets home at 3:30pm.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Janice said...

It is so nice to her what is going on in your families lives. I am looking forward to reading more. Tell Adria that I would love to hear about her first day of school too.

Love always
Janice