February 07, 2007

Storing Dog Food


We have two dogs and a cat. I always struggled with where to keep the food so that it would be handy but invisible. One of our dogs is large and we buy giant bags of food. Once the cat arrived, and then the second dog, I was desperate. Finally... I don't know who thought of it originally, my husband or I... but we decided to keep the food in the basement laundry room. Each bag of food gets dumped into a lidded plastic bin (must be lidded or the cat would eat until he exploded), with its own measuring scoop. Wow! Bowls, water, food, everything hidden away in the basement! We keep a bowl of water in the kitchen also. And all it means is a couple of extra trips down to the basement. Well worth it, in my opinion. Visit Shannon for more Works For Me tips.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

This is a great tip. When we have a dog again, we will implement this!

Nikki ALL OUT Valentine's Day

The Estrogen Files said...

Great idea! I bought a thingy like this with wheels and a hinged lid at WalMart the other day for our dog food. Thanks for sharing!