June 15, 2006

A Trip to the Library



Yesterday I had the brilliant idea to take the day care kids to the library! By the time the last child arrived, it was 10:30am, and it took us another twenty minutes to get out the door. Off we go, two in the stroller with the three bigger ones walking. The walk there wasn't so bad, but the walkers were tired by the time we arrived. We stopped in the shade and had a drink before we went in. Inside, the kids were great. They each picked two books to take back to my house, and I picked some for them too. Then we read a story. We stopped at the family washroom for a pee break and then headed out to the playground. It was noon by this time, and we had a long walk home. So I told them we would walk for a bit and stop at another playground for a break. Whew! It was 1:00pm by the time we got home and we all were tuckered out. We had a quick lunch and then off to bed. One girl had an earache all through naptime and afterwards, she seemed really sick, and I was worried that I had given her heat stroke or something. But all the kids had hats and sunscreen, and we had plenty of water. All the other kids were acting fine. When this girl's parents came in the door she just had a meltdown, so I worried all night about her. This morning , however, she is back to normal! I will not be taking the kids to the library for a long time again. It is just too far. And I think getting on the bus with five kids and a double stoller would be just waaaaaay to hard! So we will stick with trips to our closest park for now, and I'll continue to head to the library myself for our story time books.

No comments: