December 13, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday

I generate a lot of laundry from my kitchen. I have a home daycare, and each day, for each meal or snack, each child has his own washcloth. That alone might mean 13 washcloths in one day. I also go through two or three dishcloths and tea towels each day. Hand towels, rags from wiping the cupboards and floors... it adds up very quickly. I got so tired of all these dirty cloths each day. I wanted a way to get them out of the kitchen with as little trouble as possible. My brilliant husband came up with this idea... a laundry chute in one of the bottom cupboards! He cut a small hole through the cupboard floor and through the kitchen floor. The actual chute is a garbage bag with the end cut open to form a tube. We duct taped the bag around the hole, et voila! Ugly but very useful laundry chute! The towels and cloths end up in the laundry room and it is very convenient to pick them up and throw them in the washer.
Visit Shannon for more ideas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! I want one. Only, my laundry room is on the same floor as the kitchen, so it wouldn't work, but I LOVE the idea!

Allison said...

What a great idea :-D What an inventive couple you guys are!

Jane said...

Perfect and hidden! Awesome idea!