March 16, 2007

Week Six - Composting

Composting is my new green goal for next week. I want one of these. I have just used a coffee can or ice cream bucket previously. We have a composter in the back yard, and I used to take all my compost items out there, and then last spring we put in a new shed and a new fence... the composter got tucked away in a not so easy to get to spot, and I got out of the habit! So now that the snow is melted, I want to get back into this habit. It makes such great stuff to add to the garden.

You can check out the Composting Council of Canada for more information.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Without a house of our own here, composting is hard. BUT! We have 14 pigs out back from the house we're renting now. Woo-hoo! I've got my little covered plastic container full of "slops." I'm so excited to not be contributing all that to the island dump, but I do hate contributing it to someone's plate of pork! (I can't do pork.)