January 31, 2007

Intercom Telephone


We have a telephone that works as an intercom. The base is in the kitchen, one handset is in our daughter's room, and then other handset (which lives on the base) travels around, mostly to the family room in the basement. I can be in the basement, and connect to my daughter in her room. No more shouting at the bottom of the stairs for her to come downstairs. The ring for the intercom is different from the regular ring, so we know that it is an in-house call, not a real call. Once again, my husband proves himself right... he assured me I would really like this feature when he wanted to buy the phone. I am one to begrudge new techie purchases. Another one he assured me that I would enjoy is my mp3 player! And bingo... he was right again!

2 comments:

sam said...

We have a similar set-up and it is a wonderful little gadget, espcially in a split-level home.

Yes, it is a Dyson. I LOVE IT!! I recommend it to everyone and two of my friends have purchased one since using mine. It is a big chunk of money but totally worth every penny. We have the animal version, since we have a cat, and it works like a charm.

Heather said...

I use mine when I am outside and the kids are inside. we only have one base/phone, but the kids can "call" me when I am at the back of our yard (2 acres) and ask ever-improtant questions like where is my drink. I wish we had one for the bedrooms, too. Our phone also has a handy clip so I can hang it on my pocket. Now I don't lay it down adn walk away only to do a frantic search when it rings.