November 19, 2006

Two Week Menu



I planned and shopped for two weeks, as there won't be time for shopping this weekend.
Visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie for more menu plan ideas.

Sunday - steak on the grill, onions, mushrooms, spanish rice
Monday - chicken pot pie, corn, mashed potatoes
Tuesday - meatloaf, rice, homemade bread, green beans
Wednesday -supper at church
Thursday - chicken cacciatore on egg noodles
Friday - island beef jerk on rice
Saturday - Grandma's 90th birthday celebration supper
Sunday - spaghetti... that old stand by
Monday - breaded pork chops, rice, veggie
Wednesday - supper at church
Friday - Baja beef and beans on rice



5 comments:

MamaJen said...

Oh, yes, I am trying to ease into the shopping every 2 weeks plan, too! Grocery shopping for my family of 6 takes up so much of my time, it would be really great to only do it every other week! Do you have any great tips on how to do it effectively, and not have to keep running back to the store?

Laura said...

Hi, thanks for participating! My gran turns 90 next week too which is why I'm going to Ontario. Isn't that amazing...can't imagine living to 90! Have a great week. Laura

Melissa said...

Mamajen, my best advice to you for a two week plan is sit down with a chart where you fill in every breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper. I do this part first, not worrying about the shopping list yet. Then when I have all the spots filled in, I go one by one through each meal for each day, and put all the items I need to buy on my list. When I am sure that the items for a meal are on my list, I make a little mark (then looking at a glace I can see what meals still need to go on my list). I also have a list of the meals with me at the grocery store, because inevitably I can't find something, and I can't remember what meal that was to go in. So it helps to have a quick list of the meals, so I can do a substitution in my head.
I plan for suppers, lunches for two at work or school, lunches and snacks for my five day care kids, weekend lunches, and all breakfasts. I try to have leftovers from supper to go in my hubby's lunch, and that saves so much money.
I shop on Saturday and start this process on Thursday. I keep a list of meals we like, so I can regfer to it if I am having trouble filling in all the blanks. It helps, especially with seasonal meals that you have forgotten about from season to season. Hope that helps.

Unknown said...

A two week menu now that's organized.

Happy Stuffing Day.

Angie said...

Oh, I'm going to try those cheese biscuits and the baja beef and beans. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great week!