August 11, 2006

Two Front Teeth


This morning, one of the day care kids was coming up to the front door with her mom, and she tripped (over her flip flops I think) and bashed her mouth on the step. Lo and behold, she knocked her two front teeth out! Her mom whisked her off to the dentist. There is nothing to do but wait for her adult teeth to grow in, and that will be about three years or so! Can you imagine!? I am glad that the girl was in the care of her mother at the moment, and not in my care. I feel so sorry for her. She was amazingly brave! Seriously, I am amazed how calm she was. I was proud of her!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I know what the girl will be going thru. One of mine came out when I was 3 when I hit the drivway and the other came out when I was 4 playing with my brother. I did not have any front teeth until I was 8. But everything turned out ok.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing that Janice. It is good to hear of someone who has gone through what she will go through.