May 21, 2006

Early. Stinky. Fun. Lazy.

Try as I may, I cannot sleep in. On a work day, I open my eyeballs and creep downstairs somewhere between 5:00am and 6:00am. Every Friday night and Saturday night, I chant to myself, "I will not get up at six. I will not get up at six. I will not get up at six." Yet, every Saturday morning and Sunday morning, no matter how I try, I get up early. I just can't lay there any longer. What is wrong with me? So yesterday, I made it to 6:14am, and today, oh joy, 6:39am. That is quite late in my world.

This morning, as I padded into the kitchen, my nostrils were assaulted with stinky garbage smell. Ew. I guess I didn't keep on top of my domestic duties yesterday. I was too busy having fun! So after I took the dogs out to pee, I took care of the garbage and Lysol-ed every molecule of air in our home. I think it is safe to breathe through your nose now.

Fun! Yesterday, Cory and I went downtown and browsed around two record shops we had not been in before. At the first one, I could have spent two hundred dollars. Seriously. They had a lot of old stuff that you don't usually find in suburban stores. So neat! Cory found his one David Bowie album that he didn't have, so he was happy with that eight dollar vinyl purchase. I found a collector's edition of MoJo magazine on the Clash, so you can be sure I scooped that up! Woo Hoo! The second store was so cool, but a little intimidating... as though you didn't belong there if you didn't know everything there is to know about music. We didn't buy anything there. The dude behind the counter didn't even look at us. But it was a good store otherwise.

Today, we are being lazy. Not dressed yet. We had a yummy breakfast and now Cory dear is watching a race that he recorded last night. Adria is reading. I am computering. I am going to cook a turkey today. I love having a turkey dinner for absolutely no reason. There is nothing better than turkey sandwiches for three days afterward too! I better find out how many hours it will take to cook the bird.

No comments: